THE LINE is a never-before-seen approach to urbanization – a 170km-long linear urban development of multiple, hyper-connected communities, with walkable neighborhoods integrated with public parks and the natural landscape. It is a model of urban design and livability in harmony with nature for the 21st century and beyond. THE LINE will reshape the traditional concept of urban life, enabling NEOM to become an economic engine for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the region, and the world. THE LINE will create 380,000 new jobs, spur economic diversification and contribute SAR 180bn to domestic GDP by 2030.
- Powered by 100% renewable energy, the principles of environmental responsibility will be enshrined in business regulations to promote sustainable and regenerative development practices.
- All essential daily needs will be within a five-minute walk.
- Communities will be built around people, not cars, easily accessible and designed for convenience and walkability, creating vistas of beauty and tranquility.
- THE LINE is supported by a physical and digital infrastructure layer seamlessly integrated beneath the surface and containing essential utilities and transportation services.
- The infrastructure spine will include ultra-high-speed mass transit access to the communities along THE LINE.
- Communities will live in harmony with nature, where open space, parks, gardens, the natural environment and sustainable food production are mixed seamlessly.
- All businesses and communities on THE LINE are hyper-connected through a digital framework incorporating Artificial Intelligence and robotics that continuously learn and grow – over 90% of the data in NEOM will be analyzed to provide a predictive system with ever-improving services to residents and businesses.
- The communities will be self-sufficient and reflect the personality of their residents, the region and the industries within them.
The Unique Design:
THE LINE’s future communities will be home to more than 1 million people from all over the world, creating a platform for innovation and prosperous businesses, addressing some of the world’s most pressing challenges. THE LINE revitalizes urban living by reintroducing walkability as the cornerstone of urban design. It will create a sense of community by having nature, commerce, business and innovation at the heart. Powered by 100% renewable energy, with a digital framework incorporating AI and robotics, everything is built to serve human needs. Walkability and livability are in the DNA of THE LINE. This pedestrian-first design approach defines THE LINE because of its ubiquitous relationship with nature, its comfort and flexibility placing everything you need within each community never more than a short walk away. Living, working and enjoying life without compulsory commuting is in the soul of the NEOM livability model.
The Environment Impact of the Project:
The majority of NEOM land will be preserved to enhance livability for residents and environmental protection. The design of THE LINE provides a seamless way of living in harmony with nature. During development, strict environmental controls are in place to preserve NEOM’s natural environment and rich heritage. No construction activity is possible unless it has met stringent international sustainability criteria, which have been built around the standards expected for a Circular Carbon Economy. While caring for the environment is a guiding principle, the plan allows NEOM to accomplish this without compromising NEOM’s ability to attract business and entrepreneurs to the region.
The Location of the Project:
THE LINE is located in NEOM, linking the coast of the Red Sea with the mountains and upper valleys of the north-west of Saudi Arabia. The location is at the crossroads of the world, making it a natural choice for a global innovation hub. More than 40% of the global population will be able to reach NEOM’s breathtaking terrain in less than a four-hour flight, while 13% of the world’s trade already flows through the Red Sea.
A City without Roads and Cars:
The project highlights NEOM’s never-before-seen approach to 21st century urban design. People and nature will reclaim the space once occupied by the car and congested roads through infrastructure that works in harmony with the environment, creating vistas of beauty and tranquility. Communities will be powered by various types of renewable energy, allowing industry back into the heart of communities and creating an environment free from pollution. This pedestrian-first approach ensures the communities are built around people, not cars, easily accessible and designed for convenience and walkability. Essential services and amenities will be accessible within a five-minute walk. Infrastructure and supporting services – including transportation, utilities, digital infrastructure, and logistics – will be seamlessly integrated in dedicated spaces running in an invisible layer along THE LINE. High-speed transportation will make long commutes a thing of the past, making life simple and stress-free.
The Future of Business Development:
THE LINE will power NEOM as it becomes a hub for innovation where global business and emerging players can research, incubate and commercialize groundbreaking technologies to accelerate human progress. By integrating commerce and industry into the heart of future communities, THE LINE will help reimagine supply chains and facilitate new and better ways of working. It will foster innovation and empower entrepreneurs. THE LINE utilizes human-centric design, advanced infrastructure and manufacturing and cutting-edge technology to solve the world’s greatest challenges. It will reshape industries such as mobility, clean energy, AI and robotics, with a focus on the environment and sustainability.
No.of Reads (9)