Recently Honda Motors Company unveiled it’s 2014 Accord Plug-in Hybrid Sedan, a model which, according to Honda, will serve as the basis for a conventional hybrid version of the Accord Sedan. The new Accord PHEV will go on sale in early 2013 and will be produced in Sayama, Japan.
The Accord PHEV is powered by a 2.0-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine that delivers a total of 137 HP combined with a powerful 124-kilowatt (kW) electric motor for a total output of 196 HP. The model can drive in pure electric mode for 10 to 15 miles and delivers a total driving range of over 500 miles.
The new hybrid version is based on the Touring trim level of standard Accord Sedan and will be distinguished by a weight-saving aluminum hood, 17-inch forged alloy wheels, and a unique front bumper.
The new Accord Plug-in Hybrid’s powertrain combines a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder Atkinson-cycle gasoline engine that delivers a total of 137 HP at 6200 rpm with a two-motor hybrid drive system which includes a 124-kW electric motor powered by a 6.7-kWh Li-Ion battery pack. The car’s final output is taken up to an impressive 196 HP.
The Accord PHEV can drive in pure electric mode for 10 to 15 miles and delivers a total driving range of over 500 miles.
The new Accord PHEV will offer three driving modes: full-electric, “HV,” and “HV Charge.” In HV mode, the car acts as a conventional hybrid, blending motor power between gasoline and electric, while in HV Charge, the Accord PHEV blends gasoline and electric power while also augmenting the battery charge level.
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink
- USB/iPod connectivity
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Pandora internet radio compatibility
- Smart Start and Smart Entry
- Honda LaneWatch
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition2
- Multi-view rearview camera
- HondaLink EV telematics system
- Heated front seats
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Driver’s 10-way power seat with 2-position memory
- Intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID)
- Audio with touchscreen interface
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Bio-Fabric seating surfaces
- Expanded-view driver’s mirror
- LED mirror-mounted turn signals
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- LED headlights
- Fog lights
- Chrome-plated door handles
- Decklid spoiler
No.of Reads (262)